One of several communication courses offered by Pitman Training, this course tackles a core skill that’s often in demand – particularly if you’re looking for promotion, additional responsibility or to broaden your opportunities.
Moving you on from basic communication skills, this course considers key communication areas in depth to help you become more confident in the workplace as well as more effective.
Interpersonal Communications lasts between 20 – 30 hours and is provided in an e-learning format so you can learn at home, at a pace to suit you. Every Pitman Training centre also has Course Advisors, so there is always additional support on hand should you feel it necessary.
The course is highly practical in nature – it is packed with hints and tips to solve real-life work problems including quizzes to help reinforce your learning as you go.
What’s more, our online system will help you track your progress and take you straight back to where you left off, as well as help build your motivation. There is also a generous six-month window to complete the programme.
This course will help you explore key areas in communication, including: written communication; active listening; questioning skills; leading effective meetings.
This course is designed for
- Anyone who needs to improve their communication skills
- Experienced individuals being given, or looking for, more responsibility
As the course is delivered online, you will need broadband internet access. You will also need Microsoft Word 97 or above (or a word-processing program fully compatible with Word) on your computer.
The online course introduces and covers key ideas, including:
- An introduction to Interpersonal Communication
- Written Communication
- Active Listening
- Questioning Skills
- Types of Meetings
- Leading Effective Meetings
- How to Deliver Effective Presentations
- Using Visual Aids
- Presentation Skills
- Career and work-focused learning
- Specially designed learning activities help you put into practice the new habits and skills you have gained. They reinforce your learning and create a memorable course-style
- Interactive ‘Quick Quizzes’ give you the chance to test your new-found knowledge
- Learning bookmarks built into the system, so you can easily start again where you left off
- Automatic progress tracking helps you see your progress, building up your motivation
This course will take around 20 to 30 hours to complete.
This course can be studied online. This means, you have the flexibility to study our Interpersonal Communications course:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’re ready to go ahead, all you need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre who will be able to talk you through the process and set you up on the online platform, and then you’ll be ready to study the Interpersonal Communications course at a time and place convenient to yourself.
To get in touch with your nearest centre that offers and supports our online Interpersonal Communications course click here.
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.