Marketing Principles and Practices
Pitman Training offers a range of marketing courses as it’s a core skill that’s often in demand – particularly if you’re looking for promotion, additional responsibility or to broaden your opportunities.
This course complements our ‘Marketing Mix’ course – here we offer an overview of this important discipline, as well as detail on core principles. This will help you become confident in understanding the real function and nature of marketing. You will also examine key practices and marketing techniques, such as how to analyse buyer behaviour.
Marketing Principles and Practices lasts between 15-20 hours and is provided in an e-learning format so you can learn at home, at a pace to suit you. Every Pitman Training centre also has Course Advisors, so there is always additional support on hand should you feel it necessary.
• Flexible, self-paced learning via the internet
• Learn where and when you want
• No software to install
• Hints and tips to help solve real work problems
• Includes a specially designed ‘Progress file’ so you can record your learning activities and progress
• The opportunity to gain a prestigious Pitman Training Certificate
• Ample opportunity to complete the course – 6 months access
Everyone has heard of marketing – but what actually is it? This course will help you understand the real function and nature of marketing. You will also examine core marketing principles and practices. You will also get hands-on with a Marketing Audit, undertaking an internal and an external analysis of your organisation. You will also carry out a Buyer Behaviour activity.
This course is designed for: -
- Anyone who needs to improve their understanding of marketing
- Experienced individuals being given, or looking for, more responsibility
As the course is delivered online, you will need broadband internet access. You will need Microsoft Word 97 or above (or a word-processing program fully compatible with Word) on your computer.
The online course introduces and covers key ideas, including:
- What is Marketing?.
- Principles of Marketing.
- Marketing Practices.
- Career and work-focussed learning.
- Specially designed learning activities help you put into practice the new habits and skills you have gained. They reinforce your learning and create a memorable course-style.
- Interactive ‘Quick Quizzes’ give you the chance to test your new-found knowledge.
- Learning bookmarks built into the system, so you can easily start again where you left off.
- Automatic progress tracking helps you see your progress, building up your motivation.
This course will take you around 15 to 20 hours to complete.
This course can be studied online. This means, you have the flexibility to study our Marketing Principles and Practices course:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’re ready to go ahead, all you need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre who will be able to talk you through the process and set you up on the online platform, and then you’ll be ready to study the Marketing Principles and Practices course at a time and place convenient to yourself.
To get in touch with your nearest centre that offers and supports our online Marketing courses click here.
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.