Sage Line 50 Accounts
Sage is one of the UK’s most popular and in-demand business accounting packages.
This course will take you through everything from stock management, VAT returns, processing sales orders, invoicing and reporting, to name just a few topics.
On successful completion of this course you will have complete confidence in your ability to use this popular software.
Comprising thirteen lessons, this course will equip you with the skills you need to get a good job in an accounts department or to work for yourself by offering accounting administration services to local firms. It will also give you the opportunity to gain the IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Book-keeping.
A good knowledge of manual book-keeping would be ideal before commencing this course, which is specially designed for people wanting to be able to demonstrate they are proficient and confident in Sage 50.
If you run your own business this is the ideal course to undertake to enable you to run and manage your business accounts.
Topics covered include:
• An overview of the Sage program
• Entering opening balances, preparing and printing a trial balance, setting up opening assets, liabilities and capital balances, entering budgets, producing routine reports
• Checking data, entering supplier invoices, posting error corrections, amending records
• Invoicing, generating customer letters, entering new products, checking communication history
• Banking and payments, producing statements, petty cash, payroll reconciliation
• Audit trails, correcting basic entry errors, reconciling debtors and creditors
• Creating sales credit notes, processing purchase credit notes, adjusting stock records
• Price lists and sales orders, stock management
• Purchase orders, processing sales orders,
• Checking and reconciling the VAT return, producing profit & loss and balance sheet for management accounts, checking budget figures versus actuals, carrying out the year end procedure
If you want to develop your skills further, you might also consider Microsoft Excel – we’ve a range of courses from entry level to advanced.
The course lasts approximately 30 hours, and you work at your own pace, with support from one of our friendly Course Advisors when you need it. You’ll also be given a workbook, yours to keep on completing the course. And finally, you’ll have the Pitman Training name on your CV, which is a sure sign of the quality of your training.
Our Sage Line 50 Accounts course is part of our distance learning range – which can be accessed online via our distance learning portal.
This means that you have the flexibility to study our Sage Accounts course:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’ve decided to go ahead, all you’ll need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre that offers and supports our distance learning platform, and they will arrange for you to have an induction to show you around the system and talk you through how our online training works. After this, you can learn in your own time and at your own speed, but with the knowledge you have support at hand if required.
To find your nearest centre that offers and supports our online Sage Line 50 Accounts training, click here.
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.